1. Happy anniversary to local photographer and fundraiser Kim Rosen, who created Photos for a Cure exactly two years ago. Since then, Rosen has done more than 90 photo shoots and raised more than $8,000 for St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital. Rosen told Patch what inspired the organization last fall and said she was looking for more photographers to help join the cause.
2. Memorial Day weekend is fast-approaching. The city's parade steps off Monday at 10 a.m. Made your own plans yet for this first unofficial weekend of summer? Let us know in the comments.
3. One thing we know you won’t be doing is going to the library. The will be closed the entire weekend. When it reopens on Tuesday morning, it and 134 other libraries in the state will be running on new software. The new platform for searching and reserving materials is called Evergreen and will offer features such shareable reading lists.
4. Framingham Town Meeting members approved the tax increment financing (TIF) program designed to keep retailer TJX Corporation's headquarters in that town. TJX purchased former Fidelity buildings in Marlborough, .
5. A group of Marlborough High School science students who traveled to the Galapagos Islands over April break had a revelation--if not an actual 'aha moment'-- while interacting with giant tortoises there: Because the weathered creatures live 150 years or longer, they could have been looking at the same tortoises Charles Darwin himself once observed.