Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. It’s now official. Monday was Superintendent Anthony Pope’s last day on the job. The severance agreement he and the School Committee agreed to last week has yet to be made public.
2. Time is running out to nominate favorite local businesses for the Patch Reader’s Choice awards. Let’s focus on bagel shops: Which shop in Marlborough is the cream (cheese) of the crop? .
3. Looking for a job? at Solomon Pond Mall is seeking a door guard to help keep the store and shoppers safe.
4. Overwhelmed by too much stuff? A free hoarders support group meets at 3 p.m. at 31 Main St.
5. Wondering what the weather will be like on Independence Day? The latest forecast calls for a high of 83 degrees and a 60 percent chance of rain, including the potential for severe thunderstorms, also known as nature's fireworks.