Our morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations. This is our special Thanksgiving edition. Feel free to add what you're thankful for in the comments section.
1. How could we not start off with...Wegmans! The opening this year in Northborough brought thousands to the store, and people are still going nuts for the grocery shopping Mecca.
2. And of course you can be thankful for Northborough Patch. We're here with you, and for you, for meetings, events, news and whatever concerns this town.
3. That we've got two competent, accessible, approachable chiefs in town—Police Chief Mark Leahy and Fire Chief David Durgin.
4. OK, seems a bit harsh to bring this up on such a lovely holiday, but that's a pretty calming statistic, and certainly one that deserves thanks.
5. Perhaps Selectman Aaron Hutchins put it best at a recent Board of Selectmen meeting: "I want to express to residents how grateful I am to be a resident of the town. I think Northborough is a town second to none. I'm grateful that my children are being raised here, and grateful that I was raised here. Now that I'm sitting behind the green curtain and see the workings of the wizard, I want everyone to know how grateful I am to those who work for the administration. I have yet to find anything I need to whoop and holler about. Everything is run professionally here. Everything is thought out, and I'm grateful to serve, and to be a resident."