Our morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. We're looking for Republicans and Democrats to help us by taking a survey. If you're a political activist, an elected official who identifies with either party, or if you hold a position on a Republican or Democratic Town Committee, please email email@example.com.
2. play this evening at the Take note: Texas BBQ will begin closing on Sundays and Mondays for the summer starting this weekend.
3. Here's the latest you need to know about the Downtown Improvement Plan, which means construction updates along Route 20 and in the Northborough "center" area. Here's the timeline of the progress and upcoming work.
4. Do you have a green thumb, or wish you did? Consider joining the Northborough Garden Club. From its website: "Founded in 1925, the Northborough Garden Club has been active in the community for 85 years. Our objective is to promote, encourage and foster an active interest in gardening, horticulture, beautification of the home and community, local civic projects and conservation." The club is always looking for new members.
5. Today through Sunday, residents are invited to BJ's with or without a membership.