Our morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Did you carry a lunchbox when you were a kid? If so, do you even remember what it was? We've heard everything from Gunsmoke to the Bee Gee's. Share your memory.
2. Tuesdays means kids night at JJ's each week.
3. According to the Tougas Farm Facebook page, on Wednesday, "there are blueberries for picking, as well as some beautiful blackberries and raspberries. Come early for the raspberries and blackberries as supplies are still somewhat limited. Hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., with last entrance to the patches at 4 p.m.
4. Not only is it the first day of August, but according to brownielocks.com, it's also Spiderman Day, Respect for Parents Day and World Wide Web Day. An idea for celebrating all three: dress as Spiderman and post a tribute to your parents online.
5. Our Readers Poll here on Patch is in full swing. Today, we put the spotlight on grocery stores.