1. Our favorite and yours,
2. Julie's leading a cardio kick today at Project Jay Fitness. Get your body moving with this fun group kick class.
3. Most of the country is allowing Walmart to kick off its Black Friday sales by opening at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving night.
4. There are quite a few town meetings tonight, including the Council on Aging, Scholarship Committee and Library Board of Trustees. Look for all the information on the town's website, including agendas.
5. It's Diabetes Awareness Month. Do you know the risk factors? From the American Diabetes Association, here are a few statistics:
- Nearly 26 million children and adults in the United States have diabetes.
- Another 79 million Americans have prediabetes and are at risk for developing type 2 diabetes.
- The American Diabetes Association estimates that the total national cost of diagnosed diabetes in the United States is $174 billion.
UMass Memorial also recently demonstrated a link between diabetes and a dangerous condition that strikes 8-12 million Americans called Peripheral Arterial Disease. View the attached graphic submitted by UMass.