Tavern in the Square is bringing their diverse food, extensive beverage program and festive atmosphere to their newest location in Northborough, which just opened this month. This newest location also unveils Tavern in the Square’s new menu, which was developed by Paul Booras, a culinary veteran and notable chef who was just named the group’s Director of Culinary Operations. Guests of the newest Tavern in the Square are invited to enjoy a variety of fresh, inspired comfort food in an ideal spot to unwind and dine.
Tavern in the Square Northborough features two separate dining rooms as well as an extensive bar, which is the largest bar of any Tavern in the Square location. It also features an extensive beer menu offering 50 draught beers that come from local breweries and breweries around the world. The restaurant is open daily for lunch, dinner, and Sunday brunch. There are private function spaces at all Tavern in the Square locations, and Northborough’s boasts two separate function rooms where guests are encouraged to celebrate their special events, including graduations, birthday parties, business luncheons and more.
The menu at Tavern in the Square Northborough showcases a variety of locally-sourced, house-made, dishes that are globally-influenced, and the menu appeals to a variety of guests ranging from the after-work crowd who are looking to enjoy a cocktail and appetizers to families who enjoy delicious food that appeals to children and adults of all ages.
“It is our goal to be able to provide the families, residents and neighbors of Northborough with a fun and delicious gathering place where they can enjoy each other’s company after work, during the big game, or over a family dinner,” said Tavern in the Square co-owner Joey Arcari.
Since opening the first Tavern in the Square location in Cambridge’s Central Square in 2004, the mission of Tavern in the Square owners is to give their guests an experience that goes “beyond the game” by combining their passion for all things beverage, cuisine, sports, and community.
With locations situated throughout Massachusetts, Tavern in the Square offers guests the perfect venue to enjoy, relax, and indulge in a variety of classic dishes, unique cocktails, and craft brews.
Like all of its predecessors, Tavern in the Square Northborough is a scratch kitchen, making almost everything in-house daily. The menu is inspired by comfort food and created by passionate chefs using seasonal, regional ingredients prepared in innovative yet approachable ways. Staying true to this philosophy, the newly unveiled Tavern in the Square Northborough menu is a prototype for all other locations and includes some of Chef Paul Booras’ innovative creations combined with some of the restaurant’s signature tried and true favorites, including:
- Appetizers: Guacamole & Salsa Piccada (scratch made from smashed avocados, vine-ripe tomatoes, cilantro, fresh chilies, garlic, and lime served with corn tortilla chips), Southern Sweet Fries (loaded sweet potato fries with creamy goat cheese, chopped roasted pecans, and maple glaze), and Crunchy Pickle Spears(hand-cut dill pickle spears, marinated in buttermilk and spices, dredged in corn flour and deep fried to a golden brown. Served with signature dipping sauce).
- Soups and Salads: Firehouse Chili (house-made chili, made with the finest ground beef and topped with Monterey Jack, cheddar cheese, and scallions. Served with tortilla chips) and Kale & Quinoa Salad (chilled quinoa, baby kale, house-pickled beets, rainbow carrots, cucumber, edamame, and avocado over chilled, marinated soba noodles drizzled with yuzu).
- Sandwiches and Burgers: Old School Cuban (Slow-roasted pork shoulder and grilled country ham on toasted ciabatta dressed with Dijon, dill pickles, and Swiss cheese) and Korean Fired Steak (grilled, marinated steak, shiitake slaw, sliced avocado, greens, and Sriracha miso sauce on a toasted roll).
- Tavern Favorites: a selection of the restaurant’s most popular dishes includes indulgent dishes like Short Rib Shepard’s Pie (Guinness-braised short ribs in a rich pan gravy, layered with caramelized root vegetables and Colcannon potato crust), Chicken & Waffles (buttermilk-marinated fried boneless chicken served with crispy Belgian waffle wedges, topped with sweet cream butter and jalapeno maple syrup), and the Shiitake Udon Noodle Bowl (wok-seared shiitake mushrooms with thick udon noodles, broccoli, edamame, and Napa cabbage in a sweet and spicy garlic ginger and soy sauce).
- Desserts: S’mores, Flourless Chocolate Torte, and Key Lime Crumble are just a few of the deliciously indulgent selections.
Tavern in the Square Northborough is a 200 seat venue fully equipped with a 40 seat bar and 160 seat dining room. With 28 TVs on-site, this Northborough location makes for the perfect destination to root for your favorite hometown team.
Tavern in The Square’s Northborough location can be found directly off of Route 20 at 318 Main St. The restaurant is open Monday through Thursday from 11 a.m. until midnight, Fridays and Saturdays from 11 a.m. until 1 a.m., and Sundays from 10 a.m. until midnight. Sunday brunch is served from 10 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. Food is served daily until 11 p.m. and there is a late night menu on Fridays and Saturdays until midnight.
Additional information can be found at taverninthesquare.com/ and reservations can be made by calling 508.393.3111.