It was to be expected, no matter how much preparation occurred.
Hurricane Sandy has, and will, knock power out to many homes and businesses.
This page will bring you the latest on outages, and restorations, in Northborough.
On Tuesday, Oct. 30, there were still nearly 2,000 outages, according to the National Grid outage map.
According to the National Grid updated power outage map, nearly 800 have lost power by 6:30 p.m. Some are posting on social media outlets about power outages as well. Look below for Tweets and tips.
Update, 7:56 p.m.: There are 2,045 Northborough National Grid customers experiencing service interruption out of 6,559 total customers. That's 31 percent of the Northborough population. "We don’t have any crews out there after the wind gets up to over 30 miles per hour," said Charlotte McCormack, spokesperson. "We need to just let this storm pass. If this passes as predicted, we can get them out first thing in the morning and then dispatch to areas hardest hit. It’s damage assessment first, and then the dispatch."
Tweets, FBs and Tips:
Chris Linde @Lindowitz summer st. No power. NHoP, still taking orders!!
Power is out at the high school, but as of 6:30 p.m., school has not been canceled
7:24 p.m. dickd @dick_d power just went out on west Main Street
Facebook posts between 7-7:30 on Monday, Oct. 29
- Karen Lavoie Just lost power on Leland Avenue
- Kim Stevens Just lost it on valentine
- Bill Redfern Power is out on the West Main side of Crawford.
- Sharina Person Off on Country candle lane
- Gloria Merced Aymie No power on Assabet Hill
- Dina Giannelli Greenwald Just lost power on Beechwood Circle
- Betsy Kerr Out on Green
- Kerry Benedict Power's out on Whitney
- Brian Russell Out on main st too