Last year's Snowtober Nor'easter may have managed to cancel Halloween, but not this year. Hurricane Sandy will not put a damper on the festivities, as trick-or-treating is on as planned.
Trick-or-treating is Wednesday, Oct. 31. While there are not set hours for Northborough, if you're like many parents of small children, you'll start them out about 6 p.m. And if you're like most, you'll wrap it up by 8 p.m.
The police department suggests that:
1. Adults accompany children.
2. Costumes not hinder vision.
3. Reflectorized or light color clothing is advised.
4. Flashlights are a must!
5. Know where you’re going.
6. Never accept unwrapped candy.
7. Parents should inspect all goodies before children partake.
8. Discuss road safety with children, particularly about running across streets.
"Every year we have extra patrols on duty that night," said Police Chief Mark Leahy.
So, is anyone going "as" a "Frankenstorm?"