It's on! The Winning Wellness Challenge is back in Northborough for 2013.
This is for people who:
- Want to drop 5 to 50 pounds
- Want to learn about a healthy lifestyle
- Want support from peers to stay focused on goals, and motivation for success
This 12-week program starts on Jan. 16 and runs through April 10, taking place from 6-7:30 p.m. each Wednesday in the Algonquin High School cafeteria.
You must be 18 or older to sign up, and the fee is $60 per person.
Formerly called the "Biggest Loser/Winning Fitness," this program has been "revamped to be even more fun and effective."
Each weekly session will include:
- A private weigh-in
- Motivational time where everyone is encouraged to share struggles and victories with fellow participants
- Discussion led by respected experts in the fields of nutrition, diet, exercise, lifestyle & more
- Thirty minute exercise sessions (strength-training, resistance exercises, cardio, etc.) led by qualified instructors where participants can burn calories
Cash prizes total $1,000.
Registration for this program is being managed by Northborough Recreation. Here are your options for registration:
- Download a registration form here. (click on the program icon on the front page for the flyer) and mail with a check made payable to the Town of Northborough
- Visit www.northboroughrecreation.com and register online with a credit card
- Call 393-5034 to register with a credit card (please call Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Visit the Recreation Department at 63 Main Street to pay with cash, check or credit card