1. 's New Year's Eve Party has it all. There's a four-course dinner (with a special menu), a comedy show and live music. Plus, everyone gets to participate in a champagne toast. Choose from two different dinner seatings: 5-7 p.m. or 7-9 p.m. James Dorsey then entertains the crowd as the headline comic followed by guitarist, Jay Graham. Tickets are presold ($50/person, $80/couple). Call 508-366-6277 to make a reservation. Please email email@example.com for more information and questions or visit the website.
2. is offering a "prefix" menu in addition to their full menu this New Year's Eve starting at 5 p.m. The prefix menu is $37 (plus tax and tip) and includes a champagne toast and special prices on select wines. Mug and Wine Club members can buy one and get half price off a guest. After 10 p.m., there are passed appetizers and party favors at the bar. Call 508-466-8531 to reserve a spot and visit Sea Dog's website for more information.
3. Bob Begg, also known as DJ BobbyB, is planning to keep the music going right into 2012 at . The fun starts at 9:30 p.m. Check out Bob on Facebook here.
4. How about a Dec. 31 day trip? The is planning to go to the Four Points Sheraton Hotel in Norwood, MA to see a performance by Stephen McNulty. Plus, dance to the music of The Ray Cavicchio Orchestra with vocalist Sharon Zee. The cost of the trip is $70.95 and includes transportation, lunch, show, orchestra, party favors, New Year's toast and driver gratuity. Meal choice of prime rib or baked scrod with salad, vegetable, potato, dessert, coffee or tea. Call the Senior Center to sign up or for more information at 508-393-5035. The Center also has brochures with more details about its trips.
5. There's more comedy and music in Marlborough, too. Firefly's BBQDave Rattigan and Dave Kaminski starting off the evening at 8 p.m. followed by rock music from The Fools at 9:30 p.m. with a champagne toast at midnight. $25 (does not include the price of dinner.) Reservations are recommended. Call 508-357-8883 or visit the website.