1. Enjoy a storytime.
A "Mother Goose on the Loose" storytime for children birth to age 2 will be held from 10:30 to 11:15 a.m. Wednesday in the Northborough Free Library Children's Room.
2. Learn about the Northborough Girl Scouts.
They're holding an information night at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday in the library's children's room.
3. These thieves are rotten.
"Beware of tomato thieves! Plot 14 lost about 20. Better go down and check/pick," the Northborough Community Garden has posted on its Facebook page.
4. Play Bingo.
The Northborough Senior Center is offering it at 1 p.m. Wednesday.
5. Welcome the new school staff.
The Northborough public schools welcomes these new staff members this year, School Superintendent Dr. Charles Gobron told the school committee Tuesday night:
- Northborough K-8: Karen Rose, BCBA program specialist 50 percent; Chatham Yankauskas-Flynn, adjustment counselor.
- Peaslee School: Rhian Duggan, special education teacher; Stacey Easterling, cook/cafeteria manager; Kerry Lombardo, school psychologist, long-term substitute, tentatively Sept. 24 to Dec. 20.
- Proctor School: Chelsea Bradway-Francis, special education aide, long-term substitute, August through to be determined in November; Chelsea Bradway-Francis, special education teacher, to be determined in November through the end of the 2013-2014 school year; Cynthia Taylor, grade four teacher, long-term substitute for the 2013-2014 school year.
- Zeh School: Jean Bean, interim early childhood coordinator, 60 percent; Waltina Cassidy, special education aide; Brian Kramer, grade three teacher, long-term substitute for the 2013-2014 school year; Helder Perez Nunez, technology specialist; Danielle Recinos, behavior specialist/adjustment counselor; Tiffany Zides, grade four teacher, long-term substitute for the 2013-2014 school year.
- Melican Middle School: Rebecca Alan, special education aide; Lynn Oswill, grade seven/eight math teacher; Lisa Pagan, speech and language therapist, 40 percent.