1. Northborough Rotarians have bought a shelter box.
The Rotary Club of Northborough raised $800, and members donated $200 total, to fund the shelter box, to help residents of the Philippines affected by last November's typhoon, the club said in a press release Thursday night.
The $800 was collected during one Saturday during the holidays. Tom Lowe of Lowe’s Variety allowed the club to setup a demonstration tent outside his store, at the Northborough Shopping Center on Route 20.
2. Pay your taxes.
Third-quarter real estate and personal property taxes are due Monday, Feb. 3, according to Northborough's website.
3. Hear a concert.
Dan Kirouac performs at 7 p.m. Friday at CJ's Steakloft, on West Main Street.
4. Root for the Tomahawks.
Here is Friday's Algonquin Regional High School sports schedule:
- Varsity swimming: vs. Wachusett, at Worcester Jewish Community Center, 3:30 p.m.
- Freshman boys basketball: vs. Fitchburg, 4 p.m.
- Freshman girls basketball: at Fitchburg, 4 p.m.
- Varsity girls ice hockey: vs. Cathedral, at Cyr Arena, 5 p.m.
- JV boys basketball: vs. Fitchburg, 5:30 p.m.
- JV girls basketball: at Fitchburg, 5:30 p.m.
- JV boys ice hockey: vs. Grafton, at NorthStar Ice Sports, 6:20 p.m.
- Varsity boys basketball: vs. Fitchburg, 7 p.m.
- Varsity boys basketball: at Fitchburg, 7 p.m.
Northborough and Southborough students would have school on Rosh Hashanah and Good Friday next year -- only -- if the school committees adopt a school calendar recommended by their School Calendar Study Group.