During the presidential debate, Gov. Mitt Romney said that although he likes Big Bird, he is planning on cutting subsidies to PBS.
That comment came during the beginning of the debate. By the end of the debate, Twitter was buzzing. "Big Bird" was trending. @BigBirdRomney was created and had more than 6,000 followers.
Many images made their way onto Twitter, including one with Big Bird holding a sign that says "Will Work For Food."
What do you think about funding for PBS? Should the federal government subsidize it? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
See More on Patch
- State House News Service Weekly Roundup: Hizzoner's Decision
- Republican Senate Hopefuls Call for Repeal of DOMA in Debate
- Lynch and Markey Spar Over Health Care, Bank Bailouts
- GOP Senate Candidates Discuss Economy, Social Security, Immigration at Stonehill College Debate
- Should Scott Brown Run for Governor?
Most Popular articles
- Development is Booming: New Cumbies, Medical Building, Housing Among Projects Coming to Northborough
- Juniper Hill and White Cliffs Among The Latest Inspections
- Inspections: Limoncello Back to the Good, Others Not So Much
- Police Make OUI Arrest After Car Runs Off Road
- The Memorial Day Parade Marches Through Town