5 Things You Need to Know: Otis Street Closes; READ Dogs; School Committee Back in Session
With fall brings a whole host of activities and meetings. See what you don't want to miss.
1. Northborough Youth Soccer is ready to kick it this weekend, starting its season for all age groups, from U6 to U14. Read more about the league on its website.
2. Harbour Grace is a certified READ dog. That means this pooch is prepared to listen to kids rattle off stories to her, making it easier for the young ones to hone their reading skills. Visit the dog this evening at the Northborough Free Library, where you can bring a book, or borrow one.
3. On Thursday, Sept. 6, through the end of the day on Thursday, Sept. 13, the town will need to close Otis Street from Tomblin Hill Road to 160 Otis St. Find out what this means in terms of traffic flow.
4. School is back in session, and that means the Northborough School Committee is back in session. It meets tonight at the Melican School at 7 p.m. The committee discusses the summer's academic programs, the principal openings and the FY12 budget.
5. Families with young girls: There is an excellent Girl Power program coming to town that teaches empowerment, good health and a lot more. Read all about it here.