5 Things: National S'Mores Day; Get Out the Aquanet; Discuss Killing Lincoln
Three cheers for Friday.
Our morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. Tomorrow night (Saturday) is the Make Your Mark raffle fundraiser for the Mark Fidrych Foundation. It happens at Chet's Diner at 6 p.m. Great cause, great raffles.
2.Tasteofhome.com reminded us that it is National S'mores Day. Who knew? Taste of Home put together their favorite spins on the classic s’more recipe so they can be enjoyed anytime, anywhere. Here are some of their submissions:
- "Give Me S'more" Cake Recipe - Bring a yummy campfire favorite to your table minus the sticky marshmallow fingers. Kids and kids-at-heart will love this new take on the time-honored treat. Recipe submitted by Katie Lemery of Cuddebackville, New York.
- Make Ahead S’mores – “These are perfect little desserts to keep on hand for when unexpected company drops in," said creator Anne Sherman of Orangeburg, South Carolina.
- Peanut Butter S’mores – “This is what I depend on when dessert is a last minute thought,” writes recipe creator Lillian K. Julow of Gainesville, Florida.
3. Pull out the Aquanet; Mullethead's back at JJ's.
4.This month's book club at the Northborough Free Library discusses Killing Lincoln by Bill O'Reilly. New members are always welcomed.
5. Sandy Sardam, a woman who lost her house to foreclosure, still seeks homes for six of her cats. They are presently being cared for by a friend. Visit here for the details.