5 Things: Diabetes Awareness; FY2013 Property Values
Honor your veterans; Northborough's heroes.
1. Did you know that 19 women from Northborough served in WWII? Honor your veterans today, and all year. Click here to visit the Northborough American Legion's World War II honor roll. Remember, the town offices, Senior Center and many other places are closed today.
2. It's Diabetes Awareness Month. Do you know the risk factors? From the American Diabetes Association, here are a few statistics:
- Nearly 26 million children and adults in the United States have diabetes.
- Another 79 million Americans have prediabetes and are at risk for developing type 2 diabetes.
- The American Diabetes Association estimates that the total national cost of diagnosed diabetes in the United States is $174 billion.
UMass Memorial also recently demonstrated a link between diabetes and a dangerous condition that strikes 8-12 million Americans called Peripheral Arterial Disease. View the attached graphic submitted by UMass.
3. The Fresh Air Fund is looking ahead to next summer. Consider hosting a child in 2013.
4. Are you looking for a place to rent in Northborough? There are some options, including units at Avalon Bay as well as a house on Main Street.
5. You can find the town's proposed property value list, which was recently added to Northborough's official website.